Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back From DC

So I am back from my trip. And I am very tired. So I am not going to write a lot tonight. But I will explain certain parts of the trip on tomorrow or the next day's blog. I'll try to not include pictures of the Capitol, Washington Monument, etc--as most people know what they look like. But it was a stellar time, with a fantastic bunch of teachers and students. In 5 days, we managed to see the following:

  • Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, WWII, Vietnam, Korean memorial
  • The Capitol building--including a tour from Senator Snowe's interns
  • About 6 or so Smithsonian museums, including a stint in a real flight simulator with Thurston at the Air and Space museum (we spent most of the 5 minutes completely upside down)
  • some really "questionable" art
  • The International Spy Museum
  • The Constitution Center in Philly
  • Madame Tousard's wax museum
  • Just how many places sell "bourbon chicken"
  • THE LION KING on Broadway!!!

I will post some more pics later. . . .for some reason, blogger only lets me post 5 pictures at a time . . .I dont know why . . .

Here is Mike and I in front of the Lincoln Memorial. It is a lot bigger than most people realize--a huge statue!


Me and the REAL sign from M.A.S.H. I did this mostly from my wife and mother in law, who are the world's biggest M.A.S.H. fans. This was in the Smithsonian. I dont know why I look so sad . . .I really am having a wonderful time!
Vote for Goldsmith in two thousand and never! But this is what I would look like ordering fried rice and boneless spare ribs if I were president. . . .
Eat your heart out Sally Piles . . . Johnny is MINE! The wax museum was amazing . . .and kind of creepy, I have to say . . .
From l to r: The three chaperones, and the "49th kid" on the trip. Scott and April Wood, Mike Thurston, and Jared enjoy a true Broadway dinner before going to see the most amazing theatrical performance of my life. I think Mike looks very presidential . . .dont you? I'm off to bed. Talk to you tomorrow. Its good to be home with my wife and son--even though I cant see him yet. But his daddy did pick him up a little present: his first pair of Osh Kosh overalls . . .they are "train engineer" striped and they'll be cute for the fall . . .


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, you look like such a natural sitting in that chair!!!! I am so jealous that you got to kiss Johnny, I love him! Glad you had a good time.

Belle said...

Welcome home Jared! I'm glad you had a great time. I'm also happy your back to keep up the blog. Amanda did a wonderful job with her post but then she disappeared and I was left with nothing to read all weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the lack of posts everybody. I tried, but I guess blogging just isn't my thing. Plus, Mom and I were very busy stripping the wallpaper off the bean's room walls. We made great progress -- thanks Mom!

Belle said...

Hey that's ok panda I know your very busy. I was looking forward to reading a full report on the girls nite you and your mom had but now I know you were both busy stripping!

Anonymous said...

SO I DID CALL..

Anonymous said...

what???

Anonymous said...

That's ok Amanda we know that you were busy at least we got to talk over the weekend. Congratulations on your concert, I forgot to tell you yesterday, and I'm so happy the Bean loves music!!!

Anonymous said...

Get a god damn Red Sox hat. Poser.

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK GOOD AT THE DESK, WHERE'S MONICA?