Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eleven weeks and counting . . .


Thats how long we have to go until the Bean enters our world! Amanda is in the shower right now, so I cant really take a picture . . .but I will post the latest "preggo pic" tomorrow. She is getting huge . . .Callum has hiccups nightly . . .and Amanda has really really bad heartburn (which some say means he's got lots of hair--enjoy it while you've got it, kid).


We started our "prepared childbirth" class last Monday, and for the next 8 Mondays, we'll meet at the hospital from 6-8 pm for lots of helpful hints for new parents. But if you want to know the truth, I think the class is just a front for expectant mothers to get massages from their husbands, since that is all we do--practice certain techniques (massages) to mitigate labor pains. Oh well. I guess Amanda deserves a good massage every day in exchange for not being able to do normal things like sleep, put on her own socks, or wear clothes she fit into a month ago. Actually . . .I have all those problems too! HEY!!!


But we'll learn some breathing techniques and lots of really effective positions. And we might do some baby stuff too! Wah wah wah


Its been snowing and raining continuously now for over 48 hours--its actually a pretty big storm, but we have no real snow accumulation. An hour north of us, however, is seeing well over a foot of now powder. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of flooding this spring when August rolls around ( he he).


Let's see . . .what else . . .I picked up the Easter ham at Joseph's today and I have to say it looks delicious! It will be hard to wait til Sunday. Oh, and I've started doing some of my own rehearsals, since I am playing another concert next Friday. Lots happening musically, but I will write more about that later.

1 comment:

Michelle Garner said...

Let the countdown begin...I am so excited for you both!