Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Callum's First Bath

So last night the little bean had his first bath, given to him by yours truly. He both hated and loved it at the same time--I dont think he liked being wet . . .but he LOVED the nice lavender lotion his daddy put on him at the end. He went right to sleep after that . . .

The last two nights have been very difficult nights for Callum . . .not because of the sleeping and eating fiascos we face, but mostly because of the fact interleague play is on in the MLB, and the Red Sox are playing the Phillies. Callum feels a lot of pressure, because he likes the Phillies . . .but he LOVES LOVES LOVES the Red Sox. Its just hard to deal with the stress when he is so young . . .I say it just builds character . . .

Here he is, as pleasant as can be, getting stripped of his poppiness . . ..
He loved to have his back cleaned off and rubbed with lotion . . .just like his Uncle Jason did in high school when one time we . . .um . . .well, never mind . . .

As a side note, now that I am looking at this picture, I realize how I cannot wait til he can wear Carrharts, like his daddy. After all the fussing and crying and being wet and cold and exposed, Callum (immediately) became content after I dried him off and dressed him in his little pajamas . . .he went right to sleep in my arms . . .which, I have to say, is one of the most amazing feelings in the world . . .

And Thomas P. followed suit . . .

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Callum!!

Anonymous said...

Where is his duckie robe?? and his tub?? and his toys, he wants toys

Anonymous said...

Callum is way too small for ANYTHING right now . . .his clothes, his diapers, etc. He wouldnt know what the hell to do with a toy . . unless it was a fleshy toy that milk squirted out of . . .

Anonymous said...

Nannie said, OHHHHHHHHH!!!! he is so cute, he is so little, he is my GRANDSON!!! can't wait to see him in a few weeks. I suppose I will have to fight with Auntie as to who holds him the longest... I think I may have priority though....

Love to Callum

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

He would know what to do with toys his Auntie gives him.

He called me last night and told me. He wants his moose.

Anonymous said...

PS.

Nannie, sorry, my house my rules.
Maybe you can hold him if I have to pee or something???

Anonymous said...

Hi Callum!

Glad to see Thomas P hasn't been forgotten.

Callum is sooo..... cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey new jerseyans: I didnt see the news . . .who won 2 out of 3 in baseball? Was it the Phillies? Or not?

Anonymous said...

I loved everything about this post! Amazing. Good job daddy, and Callum is so handsome. Like I said great post. Hi Amanda hope you are feeling better. Love to all

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the Papa get to hold him too? He is just too cute. Even in this blog Jared is talking about eating.

knitnzu said...

So that feeling of the bean falling asleep in your arms? How wonderful it is? Magnify it a bazillion times and that's what Amanda feels when he falls asleep in her arms/on her lap/and at her breast.

Michelle Garner said...

Hi Jared and Amanda...I'm glad you both are doing so well. What natural parents you are! I got your message today Amanda - I'll give you guys a call when I get out of school and we can figure out when I can drop off the shepard's pie.

Maybe some more pumpkin chocolate chip cookies? :)

Love to the little guy!

Unknown said...

If Callum had a blog he'd be writing about the amazing depth of the Sox team and how they took 2 out of 3 from the Phillies without Matsuzaka, Ortiz, Ramirez, Youkilis and losing Colon and Coco in the process. He also would rave about how Utley was pitched and his 1 for 13 line.

Anonymous said...

hey guys!!! Congratz!!! it is a pretty amazing thing, huh? don't worry, I am sure it's tuff now, (because it was for us) but it gets easier, if not, have a glass of wine (or three), it helps with the coping.
hugs and kisses from us all!!

Aunty Carol said...

hey is such a beautiful baby and Nan B got to see his pictures today. she was so excited. she stole all my pictures so I have to go print more.Amanda I heard you are feeling much better. glad to hear that. can't wait till you come to MA to see you and the new addition to the family.
Luv ya