Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Vacation??

Happy Little Family (Many have asked about Thomas . . .we are trying to give him extra love. . .he is definitely different . . .its like he is more affectionate than he's been in years . . .which for him is hard to do, since he's so lovey anyway. I think he feels a bit jealous and I know he senses something is here "to stay." He has tried to lick Callum's head, which is cute, but I stopped it because Thomas has a rough tongue, and Callum has no immune system. But he liked to be where Callum is)
A pre-lunch story in the recliner in the "man basement"
And a post-story nap . . .
In the business of Callum's birth, I have forgotten, in the past few days or so, that I am in fact on summer vacation now!! Well, Winslow's last day for teachers is tomorrow, but I've been on vacation for a week . . .although I am totally excited to be home with my wife and son, I have to admit that I did miss those final few days in school where there is a "special spirit," almost like the week before Christmas, where everyone is in a great mood about their impending vacation. Oh well. But we hope to have a great summer with out little guy. He's been a joy so far, although he seems to have his days and his nights messed up a bit--he sleeps pretty much all day, and he is up pretty much all night. Weird little kid. Anyway, here are some of the things we have planned/want to have planned for this summer (which, by the way, will be a summer for the ages, since Amanda gets to be home with me the whole time!)


1. Travel to CT for the 4th of July to see Auntie KK and Uncle Twon for a few days . . .apparently, they want to take him sailing, and to the Blue Horse for a present.


2. Go down to New Jersey in August for a week to see the zoo so Callum can learn all about QVC, buying tons of crap to put in chest freezers, and how to pick a crab properly. We are really looking forward to travelling down there!


3. Hopefully, some visitations from Nannie and Papa . . .and hopefully Bubba and Babs as well! Papa Goldsmith needs to eat some prime rib with me . . . .its still hanging out in our freezer


4. Amanda and I want to head up to Mt. Desert to (finally) get to Atlantic Brewing Co. for their tour and BBQ


5. I'd like to get out with MET for a couple of hikes at least (and possibly some Pig's Ear Brown Ale too . . .or at least a keg can of Foster's)


6. Paddling up north with Dave . . .trying to pretend I have a clue what I do with a fly rod


7. Some good road riding on my own and with Uncle Jonathan . . .and then we can get all cute and shave our legs together after (I'm really enjoying my bike . ..its becoming "my time" during the day)


8. Camp Greenlaw to see Cindy and Dana, and take Callum for his first "bye bye ride" on a boat


9. See friends from "far away places" like Jay and Jenn, Sarah and Tim, Andrea, Josh, Brian, etc. (grammar error . . .did you find it??)


10 Sleep for more than 2 hours at a time . . .although, as I keep hearing, I should savor every moment of not being able to sleep, since I'll most likely look back, when Callum is 17, and long for the days when he was a baby, and he pooped bi-minutely, and I couldnt sleep a wink . . .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ja, can you add me to the comin' for a visit list in august. we'll teach the little guy to use a crossbow and set off fireworks. what was the grammar error? is it using 'such as' instead of 'like'?

Anonymous said...

i mean 'like' instead of 'such as'

Anonymous said...

misplaced modifier.

Anonymous said...

Isn't he coming down to Ma. to go to Maui and Fresh catch?

Anonymous said...

I love this little guy! He is too cute. I can't wait to get my hands on him. Brandon is anxious to meet his new cousin and so is Emma. Emma is stressing on how she is going to feed both babies at the same time!!! She is so cute and loving. I tell her not to worry her nanny will help her. Don't you worry I will teach Callum how to be a good shopper!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nannie said that Callum is going to be a world wide traveler before he is 6 moths old.

I guess you need to take it one day at a time and see how everything works into place.

Can't wait to see him on the 4th.

So how are the new A/C's, just "CHECKing" in, if you know what I mean.........

Anonymous said...

Steve Cee said not to worry he'll teach Callum how to pick crabs properly.

We can't wait for your visit this summer! It's the highlight of our summer! I just got Callum his first float for the pool. It's a little tube he can sit in with a roof over it so he doesn't get sun burn. He'll love peeing in Uncle Bobs pool!

Callum is just sooo.... cute! Like Aunt June said I can't wait to get my hands on him!

Michelle Garner said...

Your plans for the summer sound great...hope you all are doing well and adjusting nicely. Enjoy the relaxing days that you have...hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

I think one of the greatest memories I will ever have and cherish between J.J. and myself were those little naps he'd take whilst lying on my chest. No chance of that happening now...he'd kick my ass.

Definately going to visit...and I want in on some of these Maui-FreshCatch-Texas Roadhouse trips with yous and hanks.

Anonymous said...

awww, I love these pictures!! can't wait to see you guys tonight for some Asian Cafe!! I bought a few suprises for Callum!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel, I wish I could be there to go to the Asian Cafe with all of you. Give that baby a big kiss for me and you all have fun.

Anonymous said...

I can't decide if your son looks so much like you because he got your features, or if you just look a lot like a baby.