Thursday, June 26, 2008

I love my Daddy

Hi everyone. Amanda here. I thought I would take a minute, while Callum is taking a nap, to write a little blog. I love this little guy more than I ever thought possible. Geeze... I can't even get through some of his books without crying. This morning it was 'Where Do Kisses Come From?' and I couldn't finish some of the sentences.

Anyway, he and his Daddy have really had some good bonding time. Jared does bath time and also sings and reads to him. Callum really likes hearing his Daddy play the keyboard. Jared is a really great father. He is always talking to him, dancing with him around the kitchen and holding him for some 'tummy time'. Oh, and not to mention teaching him all about the Red Sox.

I am really proud of Jared. He has been so patient, even when Callum poops RIGHT AFTER Jared changes his diaper :)

Thank you, Jared, for being such a wonderful father and husband.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you smelling callum's head in the first picture jared??

Anonymous said...

Seriously, this blog just put a tear in my eye Amanda! You guys are the best couple (family) ever! :)

Anonymous said...

i think lauren needs to take a trip out of the "city" and up to Maine . . .she needs some stuff at LL Bean, and she needs to meet her new second cousin . . .just saying . . .

she could bring her Brian, her mom, her sister, or whomever . . .

Anonymous said...

put some clothes on

Anonymous said...

karen, obviously you dont know the importance of skin to skin contact in the baby's development . . .karen, you silly face

Aunty Carol said...

I can't believe how big he is getting already. He looks so peaceful sleeping on mommy and daddy. Isn't it time for him to take a trip to Mass. yet?

Michelle Garner said...

What a beautiful post! We had a great time on Tuesday...hopefully we can do it again sometime.

Hi Callum! :)

Anonymous said...

Jared has beautiful areolae.

Anonymous said...

Callum is such a handsome baby! Wonderful blog Amanda! It brought tears to my eyes especially since I'm very emotional right now since Emma graduated Pre-K last night and today is her last day at Goddard School. They really do grow up fast. Enjoy every single minute (which I know you both will).

I just have to tell you I love the picture of Callum laying on Jared's chest. We have that same exact picture of Emma and Steve when she was just about a month old. It's one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

how many dictionaries did you have to search out to find the correct spelling of areolae?

Anonymous said...

Why is Jared wearing a sweater during a heat wave???

Anonymous said...

Your post is no surprise to me, Amanda. Jared was always so gentle with me at bathtime and applying lotions after.

Anonymous said...

Try keeping a shirt on or shave that cat growing on your chest...Poor Callum learned to floss at a very early age!

Anonymous said...

none. I'm a scientist.