Monday, June 2, 2008

Mr. Goldsmith and other things...

Hi everyone. Amanda here.

Tonight Jared and I went over to Winslow High School for the senior Class Night. I love going to functions at Jared's school because I am so proud of everything that he does as a teacher. He has a wonderful rapport with his students and I love watching him interact with them. You can tell that they really respect him as a teacher, but also feel comfortable with him enough to joke around and be friendly. Here he is with some of his senior guys. I don't know who they are. I think Jared looks really handsome. He will make his son proud, I know.


Jared got a special recognition tonight because, for the 4th year in a row, he has written a song for the senior class and will perform it at graduation. The class officers presented him with this 'Tour' poster, which one of them made. It has great pictures of Jared performing, a picture of him and his co-worker and friend Dave with Slugger the SeaDog, and even a picture of he and I at his last concert.


When we got home, guess who was sitting in the dining room window waiting for us? Thomas is so cute... he looks so little sitting in that window!

Last night I baked some bread. I have been wanting to ever since we went to the Collier House Bed and Breakfast in Bar Harbor. The owner, George, baked this incredible bread every morning. It took a ton of willpower for Jared and I to not eat the whole loaf. I finally took the time to start making my own bread and my plan is to bake some every week for sandwiches and and toast (it is so good toasted with butter!). My first loaves turned out pretty good, so Jared tells me. I guess it might be true, considering that the first loaf is already almost gone and I just baked them last night.



In closing, the Bean is moving around A LOT right now as I'm writing this blog. Could he be getting ready to make his grand entrance? (Or exit?) I hope so!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Jared, you are so handsome. I wish I was there to eat some bread. I love homemade bread. I remember going over to grandmoms on zoo day and she would bake bread and the M.I.L. and I would sit there and eat fresh bread with butter and oh ya tea! I bet the Bean is on his way. Love to you all

Anonymous said...

Good blog, Amanda. Yes, we are all proud of Jared. He is so talented and what a gifted teacher. You can tell that his students really like and respect him. It was obvious at the concert the other night. I overheard some parents talking about how much their kids like him as a teacher.

Thomas does look very cute and your bread looks delicious! I love homemade bread with butter and a cup of tea. I'm proud of you for doing the bread thing! You must take after your father!

Come out, Bean, come out!!!!!!

Michelle Garner said...

Your bread looks amazing, Amanda. I've always wanted to try doing it, but I just never seem to get around to it.

Jared - Congratulations on a great night! You deserve it!

Bean - Come out and see us!

Anonymous said...

Oh, maybe this could take the place of my Amish Bread error, can I have the recipe?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the good thing about this bread is that you can make it whenever you want to, and you aren't pressured to make it every 10 days...

Unknown said...

Is Jared going to sing "Picture Girl" at graduation?

Anonymous said...

Great blog Amanda. I love the picture of Thomas in the window! He's so cute! Oh yeh Jared's cute too! He does look handsome with his students. His students are lucky to have him. It's hard now a days to find teachers who really enjoy what they do are who are good at it and I think Jared is one of those few. You both we be wonderful parents to the Bean! He is very lucky to have the both of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeh I forgot, when you visit this summer you must bring some of your bread or at least maybe teach me how to make it. It looks very yummy! We can all sit around on the deck eating bread w/ butter & tea! I can't wait!!!!!!!

Aunty Carol said...

Jared, Happy belated Birthday. Wow the big 30. Amanda, that bread looks good I can just picture warm with melted butter on it. yum yum. Can't wait to see that little bean

Anonymous said...

"PUSH PANDA PUSH" !!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHO!!!!!!!

I love hot fresh baked bread, now if I come up this weekend if the Bean appears, will there be fresh bread for me too???

:)

Anonymous said...

jared- are you avoiding us?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jared, on your song!!! and thanks for the comment on ou blog about my teaching certification, haha, I know it's quite a run around when it comes down to it. Hopefully we'll be seeing you guys soon because the Bean should be flying out any day now!! can't wait!! Amanda, I want to try some of your bread!

Anonymous said...

I bet Callum would like a slab of prime rib between 2 pieces of that deliciuos bread. Jared you look great with your students, teachers do make a difference in this world. Who would of thought you were going to be so smart when you were eating that prime rib bones at Papa and nanas. You must have wonderfull parents!!!!