Friday, June 13, 2008

Hurry up and wait . . .


This is the lovely Ms. Amanda, as of 20 minutes ago. Amanda and I made yesterday our last day of work (my last day of school would be next Friday anyway) since, at our appointment with the midwife yesterday, we were told the little bean could come literally any moment now. Amanda, as of yesterday, was at 4 cm (I think you deliver at 10cm). Also, she is having many sporadic contractions and cramps . . .and the little guy's head is constantly jamming down on her . . um . . .area, causing further pain. Bjarni, our midwife, is confident that she'll deliver this weekend . . .but if she does not, by some freak of science, then they'll break her water on Monday. Is that enough graphic info for everyone . . .ha ha . . .sorry.


Ortiz (my dad), Twon (my brother in law Anthony), and Kristin (my sister Kristin) are, as I type this, most likely 20 minutes or so away from Fairfield, as they are travelling up to stay for the weekend. Our annual father's day cookout is pretty much in flux right now, as we try to see what the baby is going to do. But it will be great to have them here . . .just in case. And, if we do have the baby, I know Lynne and George will be right over, as well will my mom (and Chelsea, whom she is babysitting).


Amanda and I took some long walks this morning, ate a good breakfast at "The Flatlanda'" (I'll write more about that later!) and then did some errands. She had many contractions and was feeling pretty good, but crampy. Now, as you can see from the photo, she is all worn out for now . . .


Oh, and yeay for the Celtics for a fantastic win against the LA Entitlements . . .I mean Lakers last night. I have purposely stayed out of the bandwagon everyone is on with the Celts, since I know I havent supported the team in 20 years, and would find it almost disrespectful to jump on the bandwagon now . . .since they are finally good. But a great game is a great game, and the Celtics came back from a 24 point deficit . . .in LA . . .with biased refs . . .to win the game!! It is always great to see a Boston team do well . . .we are very lucky.


And finally, best of luck to Brick (Jonathan) this weekend, as he is riding the Trek Across Maine for the second year in a row. Good luck Jonathan . . .hopefully I'll join you next year when I'm not a big fatass!


Talk to you all soon . . .

No comments: