Monday, August 20, 2007

Answering Your Questions





Good morning. I thought I would take this quick opportunity to explain some things.




1. The question has been asked "what does the 'P' in Thomas Pee stand for? Good question, and I'm glad our fans show interest in our firstborn. The "P" could stand for several things--patient, promiscuous, provocative, phlegmatic, or post-civil war, which are all attributes Thomas possesses. I dont really know how that started? I think Amanda started it, but I am not sure. Doesnt he just look like he should have "Pee" for his middle name? One note: the "pee" in Thomas Pee does not refer to urine or anything unsightly such as that (Thomas is genteel and would have no debauchery). Rather, we have spelled his middle name out phonetically, so as to model good reading strategies (he DOES start kindergarten this year). One interesting note about Thomas--originally, we were going to name him "Belfast." But when we got him home and started calling him Belfast, it just didnt look right. The name given to him at the humane society in Dover NH was in fact Thomas, and we felt that was just a better fit. We had a dialogue about it, and decided to keep Thomas. He isnt a "Belfast;" he is a gentleman, and should be named as such. Those who know him understand . . .




I guess the question should be: what does Thomas "P" mean to you?




2. The Phillies hat. This is not "cheating" on my first (and only) love--the Red Sox. I got to thinking that I need a national league team to root for. I chose the Phillies for the following reasons:






  • I love cheesesteak


  • Amanda's family are on Phillies fans, so that's one thing we agree on now


  • The "P" could stand for Thomas Pee if I wanted it to


  • I spend time in Philadelphia every once in a great while, and its a great city


  • The Eagles could never win a championship (sorry Steve)


  • I look so hot in red


  • Their manager is a cute, corpulent, octogenarian


  • They dont seem to have any hot-heads or big names to cause a hoot-a-nannie


  • Amanda has a bunch of Mike Schmidt autographs


  • Germans LOVE David Hasselhoff




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very interesting post...but being the one and ONLY Washington Nationals fan in the Pine Tree state, I must inform you that your choice of the Phillies as a National League team only means that I can no longer feel anything but resentment toward you. In fact I have asked an elderly woman here in Whitefield (who I think is pretty much a witch) to cast a spell on you. Good luck. Go Nats!

Anonymous said...

jared, you are so incredibly hot!

Anonymous said...

I think "P" means pal cause we are best friends. I can't wait to see you this weekend Thomas, Im bringing so much stuff to hide in your parents house. you can help!!!