Saturday, August 25, 2007

Camden!






Camden is, by far, my favorite coastal Maine town. I love Mt. Desert Island, and Bar Harbor itself is okay, but when it comes to quintessential tourist towns, Camden takes the cake. I just have so many great memories of Camden, stemming mostly from my time sailing windjammers out of Camden for two summers, along with 15 beautiful 24 year old female Swiss exchange students. But that is a different story. . . . .


Today was great . . .the rain held off, and there was a nice cool seabreeze. We checked out a lot of the great shops, spending a good deal of time in Camden Shoe, where both Mom and I got "back to school" shoes. Another store of interest was Once A Tree, where lots of cool wooden products are sold. Mom bought us each a magnet, and Kristin fell in love with a giraffe. We had a great lunch at the Quarterdeck, and I made a new friend with a pirate! He was sexy. Mom ordered a chicken pesto pizza, and then when it came, she exclaimed, "what's this?" When we explained it was pesto, she answered "but I dont like pesto." Good. I think she was still shaken up from this morning's trauma. The Smiling Cow is a mainstay of Camden, and we went in there for a bit; Sally bought some fudge, and they had a lot of great anti Bush stuff there. My favorite sticker said "1-9-09" and then said "When we're done bringing democracy to Iraq, how about a little here!" Very true. We meandered into a neat wine store, and I bought a bottle of "Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout," imported from Yorkshire, England. It was a beautiful day, and Mom was great in the car! She didnt complain about the distance of the one hour trip, she enjoyed all the scenery, didnt beg to get out, and she constantly complimented my driving, whether I was going fast or slow. We did past the time making fun of Bob, and that is always good to do. I cant go into detail, but we had a good laugh.


Tomorrow is the last day of my summer vacation!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Phillies hat, TRADER!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I pooped on your cellar floor this morning, i was afraid if I woke nannie we'd get locked out of the house for hours........

Anonymous said...

I am not a trader, as I have stated before. THe Phillies are NATIONAL LEAGUE. The only time they would even play Boston is in the World Series. Plus, I look so hot in red!