Sunday, December 9, 2007

Goldsmith Annual Christmas Party

We were graced with wonderful people--both young and old(er) at our annual open house last night. Amanda baked her signature chocolate chip cookies, and I made a crock full of pulled pork. We had lots of great dips, veggie trays, Mandy's chocolate bread, Mel's watergate salad, spinach artichoke dip, Mexican recipes, and good beer and cider. Here are some of the hilights:



Here is Amanda holding young Jaxson Murray Longyear, Zach and Nikki's newest addition. A very handsome little guy, with a very active little body. Amanda already looks like a pro. . . .
Two mummas and one mumma-to-be. Amanda, Ciara, and Nikki. Nikki is holding Aden, Jesse and Ciara's little guy . . .notice how he already has more hair than me . . .and he's barely two weeks old. So I've got that going for me . .. .
The girls chatting it up. Mel, Susan, and Amanda discuss the tremendous array of food prepared by our hosts and guests. Susan is noticeably upset because she drank all of our wine, and there is nothing left for her to do. Just kidding . . . .

Eric and I got one of those civil union things, and we've already adopted. How nice. OR . . . here is a picture of two guys . . .neither which is the father of the baby in question. This point in the night was a milestone for me, since I had been holding Aden for probably a half hour at this point. The milestone being this: it was the first time I successfully took a crying baby and made it "not cry." I accomplished this by dancing with him to the Bee Gees, singing to him, and constantly changing his positions in my arms
Another milestone: my first diaper change! Yes I did it myself, and yes it was a poopiediaper. Zach said I changed like a pro. He said I did such a good job, that now he was going to let me tend the rabbits when we get that place of ours . . . . (English teacher reference . . . .what am I talking about??)

5 comments:

Michelle Garner said...

Awww...great photos, Jared and Amanda! I'm sorry we didn't make it over. When Chris got home, he had started to feel sick, and when he got up at 2:30pm, he was even worse. We were hoping he'd feel better as the day wore on, but he didn't. After a few trips to the bathroom, he definitely wasn't up for a party...hopefully we can get together soon. Glad everything went well...I'll bring the pickle dip I prepared tomorrow, so you guys can take some home with you.

Belle said...

Looks like a great time! It's times like this I wish we lived closer :(

Anonymous said...

You guys look so natural with the baby. You won't have to practce!!!

MET said...

Its interesting and wonderful to write about decorating our tree, and all the memories that our children have added to our holidays over the years - and then to tune into your lives and see all the little ones just beginning, and knowing that your best Christmas memories are still ahead. Though I feel a bit old, I am glad your families are gearing up for such exciting times. Merry Christmas, and God bless.
~MET

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you can change a poopie diaper' because maybe you can cha.nge mine some day b.