Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007

I will let the pictures do most of the talking, but suffice to say it was a beautiful day at home in Fairfield, and in Mt. Vernon at Lynne and George's. Below, Amanda opens a little music box that plays "deck the halls" while little trains go around in a circle . . . And here's my little backwoods Carrhart girl, complete with her new fleece hat and canvas lined vest. Doesnt she look cute? They go well with flannel pajamas . . .

Soon to be grampy George handling his meat . . .
George crafted a decadent prime rib roast--complete with the bones and all! This was accompanied by mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans, and salad. We have a new Christmas day meal tradition. And its MUCH cheaper than a turkey . . .
George, you shouldnt smile so much!!
And here's Amanda by her parent's tree. We love going over to "springpond," as their house is called. I believe the house was built in the late 1700's. Lots of beauty and lots of character. And characterS. George and I are sames! We both got the LL Bean "Maine Guide Hat" from Amanda--its that quintessential "Maine Hat" made popular by the likes of Elmer Fudd. This is just one of several pictures where Georgeth and I struck a pose.
Where are the pictures of Lynne? Jon? Ensign and Edna? I guess I couldnt be everywhere today. Sorry. Well at least they showed up last night on the blog. It sounds like Dad, Mom, and the Kranthonies had a good day too . . .I think we'll be seeing some of them in a couple of weeks for our big ultrasound in Portland! We'll find out if we are having a Jared or a Charlotte. Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, looks like you all had a nice xmas. I think George looks so sad beacause he thought he didn't have enough prime rib to feed Jared. Tell Thomas I thought he had very nice manners sitting at the table. Everybody looks great. I hope everyone has a happy healthy New Year!!!!!

Belle said...

It looks like you had a woderful Christmas! We really missed you guys and wish we could have all been together! :(

I hope Thomas P had a delicious Christmas feast especially since he waited so patiently.