Sunday, December 2, 2007

SNOW IS A COMING!

Want to see a REALLY happy girl? Just look down . . . .

No, actually she wasnt unhappy at all--she was just cold. And as much as I told her to come in and get warm, she really wanted to be outside decorating for Christmas. Today was the "outside" portion of her decorating diad. Amanda has been feeling pretty good this weekend, staying up later, eating more balanced foods (not just clementines, jolly ranchers, and cole slaw--foods she craves), and not throwing up at all. Here, she was putting some garland around our light post.
Here she is putting some lights around our front Yews and the front steps. Notice the "illegal" truck parked in the background. I think she looks like a little duck in her parka. She bought a timer at the big orange store so that the lights will turn on automatically at dusk, and shut off at 10 or something. That is better than me going outside at 11, half naked, to turn them off. And it is WAY better than me going out at 4pm, half naked, to turn them ON.
We have no idea what the hell kind of tree this is in our backyard. Even Kemish, my former college roommate, who is an arborist, couldnt tell me what it is. Maybe black walnut? Pine? Elm? Who the heck cares. But its cute, and it lends itself well to these little solid color ornaments Amanda and I hung onto limbs. We also put some on the Maple out front. I think its pretty original and creative. Go Sally!!!
Cindy, our neighbor, came out to tell us how much she loved Amanda's decorations. We then went in to see her tree and all her festive setup. We took advantage of a terrific photo-op with Toby, Cindy and Dana's little Yorkshire Terrier. The Greenlaws are babysitting a friend's yellow lab this week, and poor Toby is being terrorized by the other dog. But we loved him for a little bit, and he felt better. Toby, you may remember, used to date Chelsea. But . . .um . . .Toby, who is a little boy dog, doesnt like girl dogs, he decided.
We're supposed to get well over a foot of snow tonight. We can't wait!!! I cleaned out the ashes from the firebox tonight, so we are cleared for takeoff with good, blizzardly fires in the next couple of days. Snow day tomorrow? I think I will put on some of Ortiz's special homemade baked beans. In fact, I think I'll go soak my little beans right now . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job Panda! Can you come to my house and decorate, Michelle doesn't want to do it any more!