Friday, January 4, 2008

18 weeks today

As you can from this evening's updated pictures, Amanda's belly is starting to show a little bit more. However, she informs me, "I am really not that big for 18 weeks." I guess she must not be carrying MY son then . . .ha ha. We've noticed that her belly button is starting to pop out a little more too. It looks weird. But things are going well, her energy and appetite are great, and we are preparing for next Friday in Portland, where we'll find out the race, sex, religion, nationality, and party affiliation of our little bean. When we find out if its a boy or a girl, will we still call it "the bean?" I both hope and think so. Its fun to think about what our baby will look like, and we find ourselves talking about it all the time. Will it look like Amanda? Will it have no eyebrows or shoulders? Will it have a funny "Dunphy nose?" Or will it look like Jared? Will it never even bother growing hair? Will it have big fat "now and later" lips? Will it walks with its feet pointed out like its dad? So many questions remain!

Tomorrow the girl is going with her mom to get some maternity clothes and, if you can believe it, some more YARN so she can "start knitting" some baby clothes. I know this will provoke a comment from Ortiz. I plan on snowshoeing tomorrow, as its supposed to be warmer. At any rate, I'll be putting a pulled pork on for dinner tomorrow night. Gonna slow cook me a nice pork butt!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you go girl! Amanda you look wonderful. I can't wait for next week!!! We better get our betting game going.

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived in Maine so I could see your belly.

Anonymous said...

Jared, I trust that you have the same goal as I did when the wife was pregnant. Make sure you have a bigger stomach than her.

Gotta keep it real!

Anonymous said...

eeeee!!! that's so exciting!! you look so great! have fun shopping with your mom today!

Belle said...

Ok Jared are you pretending your Belle today or is Theo being funny with the Belle comment?

Anyway I think you and Panda should keep it real and stick to Panda's Jersey roots when naming the bean. I think either Yolanda for a girl or Tyrone for a boy would be good.

Anonymous said...

You look great, Amanda!

Unknown said...

Amanda we have matching stomachs!

Anonymous said...

I used to think it was a boy, now I think its a girl, regardless I'm calling it Charlie......

Anonymous said...

Amanda I wish I lived in Maine so I could rub your belly.

knitnzu said...

The baby will likely look like dad (you, right, J?) :)... I think of this (babies looking much like their fathers) as an evolutionary adaptation, to help keep them from being tossed on the garbage heap. Amanda, you look great, GREAT!!