Thursday, January 17, 2008

2 in 1 week?





Snowdays, I'm talking about. Its supposed to be pretty storm for our morning commute, and I think we're supposed to get 7 inches of snow/sleet/ice. When I was a kid, they used to say all three of these things together. But somehow, in the early 2000's, they started calling it a "wintry mix." I swear I never heard that term until I was a senior in college. I wonder who invented it . . .and if they get royalties . . .


If we do have a snowday tomorrow, that is going to really screw things up big time. The week being mid term week meant that we didnt have "regular" academic classes. Plus I was out the Friday before for our ultrasound. We have this coming Monday off, and Tuesday is a day of meetings (no students). THEN, if we have the snowday, Wednesday will be the final day of testing, and we won't continue regular classes until the following Thursday. That means over TWO full weeks without any--what we educators like to call it--"contact time." "Contact time" sounds like something Johnny Crockett used to have with Sonny Caliendo when they played doctor . . .


No showshoeing today, for we were busy with a bunch of errands after work and school. However, I did stop by Joseph's Sporting Goods in "downtown" Fairfield (I'll have to post a picture of our 'downtown' sometime) to check out cross country ski packages . . .all things considered, they're not too pricey! We can get "top of the line" skis, boots, poles, and bindings for under 200 bucks. Plus, I can get "boy, you are really fat and not good at skiing" skis, boots bindings, and poles for about 140 dollars. Perhaps next year for Christmas?? Oh wait . . .Christmas, as we know it, is over for us . . .its all about the bean now . . .


I'll have to post some new pictures of Amanda . . .I swear that her belly literally "popped out" in the last day or so. I have heard of this happening--literally, pregnant women suddenly become bigger "overnight." I think she really looks pregnant now . . .and I see her every day!


By the way, do you know the difference between "everyday" as one word and "every day" as two words? Did you even know there was a difference? You should ask an English teacher. . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did get the picture of me?

Anonymous said...

those motivational pictures are gross and creepy.

Anonymous said...

Ortiz you are so funny. I thought that was a picture of Uncle Bob!!
By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What about Bob? Happy Birthday Ortiz.

Unknown said...

everyday is an adjective.

Unknown said...

OK, so why do I come to this when I google myself? I decide to one day do what numerouse people finnaly break down and do...I googled myself, and come to find out I played doctor with John Crocket? Mr Goldsmith...Your a funny guy. How ya been? Sonny Caliendo