Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Midwife Meeting # 4





Is it really January? Today (as you probably know) reached 54 degrees here in Fairfield Maine. Ridiculous. I ran three miles outside today--something I havent been able to do for a while (run outside . . .not the three miles silly). A crappy run because everything was wet and slick . . .but anything beats a treadmill, and it was too dark to go snowshoeing.




So Ortiz called to tell me he has pneumonia and cannot leave the house for ten days. So for any of you who have stock in "Fresh Catch" or Walgreens, get ready because you're going to take a hit. But that's the market I guess . . . lets wish Dad well and hope he gets better soon.




Yesterday we had our fourth meeting with the midwife--yesterday we met with Shannon instead of Bjarni, just in case she is on call when Amanda goes into labor. Our biggest baby news of late is that I was able to feel the bean MOVE for the first time yesterday. All along, Amanda thought she was just feeling "gas pains," but Shannon informed us (after examining them herself) that this, in fact, was the little bean, moving around, adjusting his pants, just like his dad. Everyone always says these types of things are "unable to be described in words." And they are right. Suffice to say it was just a special moment. Amanda informs me that the bean really loves Coldplay, since when she plays the CD on the way to work, he/she moves around like crazy . . . .so we head down to Portland in a couple of days to see what, exactly, is in there.

10 comments:

Belle said...

1st: I love your choice of pictures today.

2nd: I hope Ortiz is feeling better soon!

and 3rd: The little bean knows good music! I too love Coldplay!

Can't wait until the news on Friday!

Anonymous said...

What about the chinese rest., oh whait they deliver, not a problem .thanks for the well wishes, I wish Belle lived in Bridgewater, so she could take care of me.

Anonymous said...

Ortiz, Get better soon!!! I'd bring you chicken soup if I lived closer.

Belle said...

If I lived in Bridgewater of course I'd take care of you Ortiz, but as you know I wish I lived in Maine! :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I just saw your 18-week belly pics from the Jan. 4th posting, and to give it a nice Maine twist, my comment is: You look WICKED CUTE! Milan and I got a digital camera for Christmas, so maybe I cen send out a 17-week pic soon; you'll see that I look like I have a real party balloon in there. You think you're small for 18 weeks, and I think I'm huge for 16! Time to break out the Palmer's cocoa butter...

Michelle Garner said...

Can't wait to hear the good news!

Anonymous said...

Ortiz- suck it up. "You have to feed a cold!"

Jared and Sally- that's awesome. I remember the first time I felt J.J. move. Wild stuff indeed!
Also, Jenn said that J.J. did the same thing. He would always be jumping around while listening to music on the way to work too! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Jared (& Amanda): Could you publish a reader's guide sometime to your frequent blog repliers? fer instance, who are "ortiz" and "strazzy"? are they related to you? or "belle" do these people have lives beyond writing to your blog? the only name-relationship that i have figured out is thomas p. (your cat, right?)

thanking you in advance,
randy s.

Anonymous said...

Why is Randy S. so worried about who "Ortiz", "Belle" & "Strazzy" are? What does it matter and does it really bother them so much that they post daily?

Anonymous said...

Who cares about what Randy says. We are all Jared followers and love his blogs and it's nobodys business who and how many times we respond. Randy doesn't have to read the blogs if he can't say anything positive.