Sunday, October 28, 2007

Crappy Memories . . .




Read the post, and you'll understand . . . .


Today Amanda and I met Dad and Babs at their house at about 9, went to Honey Dew Donuts (my favorite . . .that I WISH would come up to Maine), brought it back, and enjoyed blueberry coffee, bagels, and chocolate donuts. After teaching dad how to navigate the ways and means of buying stuff off the internet (he was buying Moose stickers for his new truck . . .) we went to lunch. You can see Ortiz's new truck in one of the pictures--I should have taken other pictures of it; its a beauty! An 08 Silverado V-8 with 4-wheel drive. He also has XM radio and OnStar, which I am sure he will use to locate the nearest Chinese food restaurant wherever he happens to be in life at that moment . . .congrats on the truck Ortiz


Back to lunch--we went to one of my favorite restaurants: Texas Road House. They have, in my opinion, the best steaks I have ever consumed. Sally got a tenderloin, Ortiz got a ribeye, Babs got a burger, and I got the prime rib--delicious! Plus, the waitresses there are all hot. I would love if Amanda was a waitress at Texas Road House for these reasons: 1) she would HAVE to wear tight jeans every day 2) She would bring me steak 3) she would clean up after me when I was done. The other thing about the Texas Road House girls (and the reason I want Sally to work there) is because I think girls look hot wearing sports team's game shirts.The combination of tight jeans, Brady game shirt, and steak makes these people all winners!!!


The "crappy memory" I am referring to involved Peaceful Meadows ice cream--we went there after lunch. They have fantastic, homemade, farm-fresh ice cream made better partly because the cream for the ice cream comes from cows they have on their farm. When I was a little kid, the dairy cows used to be in their "milking stalls" and we were allowed to go see them, pet them, and say hi. As I remember, I was a scared little kid when it came to cows, so my mom took me into the barn to see them. Well, one cow must have been glad to see mom too, since as soon as she brought me over to it, it took a huge dump, which deflectedoff the ground and ALL OVER the lower body portion of my poor mom.


I think we mostly went to Crescent Ridge Ice Cream Stand after that.


As I said . . .crappy memories . . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another weekend in Southern New England? No call? No visit? No breakfast meet-up?

Boo.

Spronny Jockett lives some 3000 miles away and he came over to watch the game on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Upon typing in some choice words directed you way:

"Hee Hee Hee, that tickles."

Anonymous said...

Cha Cha said:

I do remember that day quite well, it was kind of funny and I think of it everytime I went to Peaceful Meadows myself.

Isn't it funny though that every blog revolves around FOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with cha cha itis always about food, wonder who you take after.

knitnzu said...

bwa hahaha about the crappy memories! We had an ice cream place like that where and when I was a kid. My most recent crappy memory is early Sunday am... awoke to the squirty ploppy sound of dog being sick. And then stepped in it. Um... Maybe you should get Amanda some dress up Texas Road House outfits? Love the Yenta pics. HI Amanda!!!!