Monday, October 15, 2007

Lynne Sleeps Over


MMmmmm . . . .


What could be better than having your mother in law sleep over on a Monday night after a sewing class? I, personally, can't think of anything better in all the world. These are the moments I cherish. When Lynne sleeps over, I am not outnumbered in any decision making, my opinion is always valued, and I get to sit and relax for the whole night.


Yeah, Lynne is pretty cool I guess. She is sleeping over because she has a doctors appointment tomorrow morning in Waterville. She came over at around 430 today, and I rushed home from my chiropractic appointment to greet her. As a side note, my chiro appointment today was amazing. I have been having some tightness and soreness when I go from sitting to standing (thats what she said), and I knew I was due for an adjustment. After Dr. Gagnon--who is twice as big as me--cracked me, I felt like a new man; I couldnt move I was in such ecstasy (thats what . . .)


Anyway, I stopped at Hillman's to pick up a couple of turkey pies for dinner, and I roasted some nice red potatoes. I got a fire going for Lynne, even though she NEVER complains about how cold she is. And then I served the war department dinner before they both left for their little Yenta sewing circle. I then went and did the food shopping, and I presented coupons for things like instant mashed potatoes and carnation instant breakfast.


When I got home, I put on my sports bra and went for a run, returning home only to clean the shower so it was all clean for the war department to take their showers. Let's see . . .what else . . .um . . .I was instructed to make cocoa and lay out whoopie pies as "an evening snack." Oh, and even though the Red Sox are in the pennant race, WE are ASSIDUOUSLY watching the "White Mountain Shoe" marathon on QVC. Hmmm . . .what else . . .I answered questions on how to turn the phone on, how to hang it up, how to put it back on the wall mount, how to turn the TV on, how to adjust the volume, and how to open Amanda's sewing machine box.


Today was a great day. I feel so masculine. So strong. So sure of my manhood. I want to go out and shoot stuff. I want to drive my truck around in the mud. I can't do these things, of course . . .I have really bad PMS and I think I'll go to bed . . .

7 comments:

Belle said...

Jared your such a wonderful host to your wonderful mother-in-law!

On another note I watched flamless candles on QVC last night. I have to admit I'm still a QVC virgin as I haven't ordered anything yet but I'm working on it.

Anonymous said...

The flamless candles are pretty cool, except I didn't like those 'tealight' things. The base was small and the "flame" was huge! It looked kind of funny to me.

Belle -- Hopefully we'll be able to catch up with each other on the phone! I wasn't feeling too great the other night, and I was in bed when you called back. I hope STeve is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

HaHaHaHaHaHa...I haven't stopped laughing yet! You do know, Jared, that they make pills to help you with your PMS. Just thought I'd offer some help...good luck, Amanda. :)

Anonymous said...

Know whats better than having your mother-in-law sleep over? Seeing her picture on a milk carton.

Anonymous said...

I wish my son-in-law felt the same way about me, Lynne is one lucky lady!!!

Anonymous said...

how many pairs of white mountain shoes did Panda and Lynne order?
I can't believe that I missed it!

Lauren & Brian said...

i laughed out loud at this one! You are so funny. I loved the ending.